Technology / 04/03/2014
Faurecia equips the Peugeot 308, named 2014 Car of the Year
Faurecia congratulates the French automaker on this new honor, which is at the same time a recognition of its own contribution. By supplying equipment for both the interior and exterior of the vehicle, Faurecia has provided Peugeot with all of its know-how and innovative capabilities in its four specialties (Interior Systems, Automotive Seating, Emissions Control Technology, Automotive Exteriors) to make the 308 a bold, intuitive and modern automobile.
Details of Faurecia's contribution to the Peugeot 308:
- The instrument panel, which combines pure lines and technology thanks to the use of a slush PVC skin and the integration of injection molded decor using "insert molding film" technology (the knob of the shift lever is covered with a film that has the appearance of brushed aluminum);
- The installation of RALF airbag covers designed to improve the integration of the airbag into the instrument panel;
- The inserts and fascia of the door panels are produced using the NAFILean process, which consists of injection molding materials based on natural fibers;
- The seat assemblies, with frames, rails, cover mechanisms and foams;
- The rear bumpers and the acoustical components of the cabin;
- The hot and cold sections of the exhaust system, as a result of which the 308 emits less than 85 g/km of CO2. The Peugeot 308 is also equipped with the SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system, which already meets the requirements of the future Euro 6.1 standard scheduled to take effect in September 2014, offers improved treatment of nitrogen oxides and makes possible fuel savings of approximately 4%.
It should also be noted that the equipment supplied by Faurecia contributes to reducing the weight of the Peugeot 308, which is 140 kg lighter than its predecessor.
Technology / 06/09/2017At the 2017 International Auto Show (IAA) in Frankfurt, Germany, Faurecia will demonstrate how it is accelerating new and disruptive technologies in its two strategic areas of focus – Sustainable Mobility and Smart Life on Board.+
Strategy, Technology / 26/06/2017Faurecia has won a contract to retrofit 20,000 Seoul buses and commercial vehicles using its Amminex technology.+