Technology / 19/04/2017
Shanghai Auto Show : Faurecia exhibits its latest technologies and products
Every two years, alternating with Beijing, the Shanghai Auto Show is the place to be for the world’s automobile industry. The Chinese car market is the biggest passenger car market in the world. It became the largest in 2009 and has remained the largest ever since with 28 million vehicles registered in 2016.
The Group has been operating in China for over 20 years and had sales of 2, 8 billion euros in 2016. Faurecia’s focus is to accelerate its sales with the fast-growing Chinese OEMs reaching 20% by 2018 and 30% by 2020. To this end it has several important joint ventures such as those with Dongfeng and Chang’An for interiors and seating. In addition, in 2016, Faurecia acquired Changpeng (interior acoustics specialist) and developed a partnership with Yinlun for Clean Mobility field and with Borgward for SUVs all of which provide additional growth opportunities.
Shanghai Auto Show 2017 is the opportunity for Faurecia to display its latest innovations for the Chinese automotive market. This year the Faurecia exhibits will be featured under the theme of Inspiring Mobility with two key areas: Sustainable Mobility and Smart Life On-Board :
- “Virtual Reality” cockpit of the future experience: a demonstrator which shows how the cockpit of the future will be connected, versatile and predictive as autonomous driving mode becomes a reality.
- Smart surfaces: a number of demonstrators on the stand show Faurecia’s expertise in integrating electronics, displays and decoration parts into the vehicle for an innovative HMI and connectivity experience. Starting with "Fusion", a collection of decoration technologies aimed at merging electronics and HMI with a wide variety of surface materials. Then, “Smart Pebbles”, a series of connected and transformable technologies integrating electronics, mechatronics smart surfaces and new materials for a connected and adaptable life on board experience.
- Parrot Automotive will present its “Simple Box” which provides infotainment solutions such as a digital TV tuner, media broadcast, entertainment, easy access to download apps, … displayed on smart connected interfaces and multimedia touchscreens.
- Active Wellness™ 2. 0: the second-generation smart seat that measures a dozen of the driver’s biological and behavioral points through embedded sensors and optical devices, taking measures to counteract drowsiness or stress and preparing the driver to re-engage with the vehicle when leaving autonomous mode.
- ASDS™ (Ammonia Storage and Distribution System): an optimized air quality solution proven to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions by up to 99 percent in diesel buses.
- Bio Garden: a living garden of bio-materials used to create lightweight door and instruments panels, trim parts and other non-visible vehicle interior parts.
The Group also illustrates its commitment to increase its presence in China through its contribution to new vehicles such as the 4008 (Peugeot DongFeng), the BX5 (Borgward- Beiqi Foton Motor), the CS75 SUV (Chang’an), the Jeep Compass or the Greatwall H6.
Technology / 06/09/2017At the 2017 International Auto Show (IAA) in Frankfurt, Germany, Faurecia will demonstrate how it is accelerating new and disruptive technologies in its two strategic areas of focus – Sustainable Mobility and Smart Life on Board.+
Strategy, Technology / 26/06/2017Faurecia has won a contract to retrofit 20,000 Seoul buses and commercial vehicles using its Amminex technology.+