Shareholders rights & duties
Shareholders become a true partner to the company upon acquiring any number of shares.
Accordingly, they enjoy the right to:
- participate and vote at General Meetings;
- receive a portion of the company’s earnings in the form of a dividend;
- be apprised of any event that might affect the company, its financial position or its share price;
- stand for the office of Director;
- receive priority treatment with regard to new share issues;
- sell or trade their shares.
Shareholders in possession of shares have certain duties as well. The most important is to vote at General Meetings, which determine the company’s future direction. And in order to vote responsibly, they must take an interest in the life of the company and in any event that might influence its operations.