Faurecia honored six times at the German Innovation Awards
Faurecia, one of the world’s leading automotive technology companies, has received six awards at the 2020 German Innovation Award competition. With four “Winner” and two “Special Mention” awards, this edition particularly recognized the innovation capabilities of Faurecia Clarion Electronics, showcased at the latest 2020 CES Las Vegas.
5 MAJOR FAURECIA CLARION ELECTRONICS INNOVATIONS RECOGNIZED AS THE TOP 5 IN AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONICS SOLUTIONS
- The customizable user interface MyTrenza convinced the jury as the winner in the category “Automotive Technologies” with its innovative, well thought-out HMI design and intuitive operation that simplifies interaction with the vehicle - from the central touch screen display to the individual entertainment system and the personal control panel integrated into the armrest.
- The e-mirror replaces conventional exterior mirrors with an intelligent sensor that provides the driver with dynamic visibility and safety warnings while optimizing fuel consumption. Using image processing to enhance real-time viewing, especially in difficult weather or lighting conditions, the e-mirror is linked to software that warns drivers about blind spots, lane keeping, monitors nearby vehicles and detects obstacles.
- Faurecia Clarion Electronics’ cockpit domain controller reduces the complexity by providing a single system for multi-display management – from infotainment, cluster and heads-up to passenger and proximity displays. It uses specially developed algorithms to coordinate the different systems and create a heightened, enjoyable 4D cinematic experience.
- Developed together with Aptoide, the Android apps market solution offers OEMs an affordable and secured automotive apps market. It is available worldwide with adaptable content per region. Consumers benefit from over-the-air updates and the home-to-car continuity they are used from mobile phones. The Android apps market enables car centric solutions, new business models and unprecedented in-vehicle experiences with a white-label solution.
- Furthermore, the intelligent headrests received a “Special Mention” in the category “Automotive Technologies.” They create a separate sound bubble for each occupant, with integrated loudspeakers with ear-tracking sensor technology ensuring that high-quality audio signals are routed directly to the ear.
FAURECIA AFTERMARKET INNOVATION AWARDED “SPECIAL MENTION”
The Smart Massage Cover massage mat developed for the aftermarket allows users to retrofit a massage function to their car seat. The mat supports the spine and the musculoskeletal system. Thanks to a patented fastening system, the mat can be retrofitted to the backrest of nearly any seat model. The front cover is removable for easy cleaning. The Smart Massage Mat differs from comparable products in terms of its specially developed air chambers, which empty completely when not in use – it therefore poses no safety risk in the event of impact.
The German Innovation Awards honor products and solutions that distinguish themselves primarily through their user centricity and added value compared to earlier solutions across all industrial sectors. The awards are being presented for the third time in 2020.