Faurecians mobilized to help their local communities
FUELS, a societal engagement program driven by local teams around the world
Despite the Covid-19 crisis, Faurecians remain highly mobilized in support of FUELS: Originally launched in 2010 to fight hunger in North America, the initiative has progressively expanded to a wider scope of countries and solidarity programs.
- Last September, Faurecia employees from Canada, Mexico and the United States raised more than 748,000 meals during a first-of-its-kind virtual FUELS season.
- In Germany, 60 volunteers helped refurbish the premises of a local children & youth center in Augsburg.
- In China, Faurecia held its annual “Volunteer Month” in November: More than 1,000 participants from 20 sites and 11 cities joined the “Backpack-on-the-Go” activities with their families, winning 1,000 schoolbags for needy children. Sites were also active in raising funds and organizing donations campaign throughout the month.
- In France, the “Solidarity Challenge” is in full swing, with donations campaigns and activities organized in partnership with local NGOs.
Building a better tomorrow with the Faurecia Foundation
In 2020 and despite the exceptional year, the Faurecia Foundation is seeing its first concrete projects taking shape: 3 societal initiatives focusing on education, mobility & the environment, all conducted by employees locally.
- Improving education for girls in India
Faurecia volunteers led the first stones of a project aiming to support two schools from the Pune region, where 400 girls aged from 5 to 15 study: In September, a Faculty Development Program was kicked-off, targeting teachers and promoting digital learning, along with non-traditional teaching techniques (mind-mapping, stress-relief tips …). The session gathered 21 faculty members and many Faurecians. In October, close to 200 schoolgirls joined the ‘Paint a Better Future for Girls’ drawing competition and online winning ceremony.
- Bikes to school in Morocco
Faurecia volunteers have ordered the 100 bikes that will be distributed in 2021 to children living in remote villages near Azilale City, along with helmets and maintenance kits.
- Refauresta in Mexico
Faurecia volunteers pursue two objectives at a time: support reforestation in the Puebla area, while helping the children charity Una Nueva Esperanza get regular fund, through the creation of a greenhouse of oaks on one of their unused land (60K trees in 5 years). The ultimate target is to make the project self-sustainable, with all benefits going to Una Nueva Esperanza after this period. Over the past months, volunteers have been focusing on the first phase of the project: developing a trust fund to create and manage the greenhouse of oaks.
Faurecians are the keystone of the Foundation actions. We would not reach our goal to make a positive contribution to society (in line with Faurecia’s convictions) without their know-how and local involvement. The three project teams the Foundation is supporting are truly pushing boundaries and shaping a better future.