Working hand in hand with employees and local communities: Faurecia Foundation to sponsor 11 new solidarity projects worldwide
For the second year in a row, the Faurecia Foundation launched an internal call for projects, mobilizing employees across the Group in October-November 2020. Ideas submitted had to fall into the 3 focuses of the Foundation: equal access to education; social inclusion through mobility; environment conservation.
Following a 1st round of selection in countries, a shortlist of 30 initiatives was presented to the Foundation’s selection committee – out of which 11 projects were validated by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. They are all promising social impact initiatives that will be deployed by Faurecians, under the sponsorship and with the support from the Foundation.
The projects in figures
5 initiatives to support education among unprivileged populations:
- Afterschool Houses: in China, through 3 afterschool houses targeting 600 migrant workers’ children aged from 6 to 12 in Shanghai, the Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces. 100 employees will be involved on a voluntary basis.
- Access & Inclusion: in India, through the improvement of a residential facility and its training offer, easing the inclusion of 130 blind residents aged from 18 to 35. 3 employees will volunteer for this Pune-based project.
- Let’s Connect: in Romania, through afterschool activities and donations of digital devices (tablets, access to internet) to 40 disadvantaged children. 6 employees will coordinate the initiative.
- Digitize & Learn: in Spain, through education support provided to 252 young refugees, also supporting the integration of their families. Spanish employees will be involved on a voluntary basis to cover 2 refugee centers in Valencia.
- Reboot: in Italy, through the donation of refurbished computers to 250 children to help them attend school from home in 4 regions: Abruzzo, Molise, Marche and Umbria, thanks to the involvement of 1 employee.
3 projects to improve the mobility of disabled people:
- In France, through the improvement of wheelchair comfort, to detect and warm up the body when needed.
- Moving Together: in Germany, through providing a mobility solution (a van) to 22 residents of a handicap center in Augsburg, facilitating their social inclusion. 1 employee will coordinate the project.
- Autonomy at Home: in the USA, through installing 4 wheelchair ramps to improve the autonomy of disabled people at home. The project is deployed in Bartholomew County, Indiana by 1 employee and Faurecia employee will be invited to volunteer to build the ramps.
3 projects to protect the environment:
- Green Village: in India, through the creation of a green energy village located in Chakan, with energy, water, and forest regenerative facilities for 300 families. 5 employees are involved in the initiative.
- Ternana Green Aid: Italy, though the deployment of an ecofriendly assistance and delivery service for more than 1,000 families from Terni and hit by the COVID-19 crisis. 1 employee will lead the project.
- At Your Door: Portugal, through an environment project bridging the link between youngsters and seniors: 8 young volunteers will raise awareness of climate-conscious actions among 40 elderly people. 1 employee will support the initiative.
This new batch of projects comes on top of the 3 pilots launched last year in India, Morocco, and Mexico, with tangible results already.
Taking our social impact one step further:
On top of the employee projects, the Faurecia Foundation is engaging 3 additional partnerships with well-established associations and foundations, supporting:
I was impressed and proud to see the rich list of ideas submitted by Faurecia employees this year, especially given the unprecedented context we all went through in 2020. The enthusiasm, energy, willingness to give back to society is real, and our objective is to give you the means to act. Dare to dream, and together we’ll make your projects flourish.
Life at Faurecia
Life at Faurecia
Life at Faurecia