Technology / 10/02/2014
Citroën reveals C4 Cactus, equipped by Faurecia
Faurecia has supplied equipment for both the inside and outside of the new vehicle, contributing to the revival of the famous brand.
Here’s for Faurecia’s contribution to the Citroën C4 Cactus:
• seat frames and mechanisms, creating large seats with a “sofa” feel in the front and a single-piece, 6 kg lighter bench in the rear.
• front bumpers and external trim on the trunk, including two-color Citroën logos (black centre and chrome edges);
• integral protective cladding on the vehicle’s front and rear bumpers and rear spoiler. The supple thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) skin used for the cladding provides protection from day-to-day bumps and scratches and absorbs minor impacts;
• all the exhaust lines, compliant with the future Euro 6.1 standard, which will come into effect in September 2014. The C4 Cactus therefore produces 82 g CO2/km less for the diesel version – with the Faurecia SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system to drastically reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions – and 100 g for the gasoline version.
• the soundproofing for the firewall, which is now 50% lighter, the front and rear underlay and front carpets for the passenger compartment.
Note that the equipment provided by Faurecia also contributes to reducing the weight of the Citroën C4 Cactus, which is 200 kg lighter than the Citroën C4.
Sur le même thème
Technology / 06/09/2017At the 2017 International Auto Show (IAA) in Frankfurt, Germany, Faurecia will demonstrate how it is accelerating new and disruptive technologies in its two strategic areas of focus – Sustainable Mobility and Smart Life on Board.+
Strategy, Technology / 26/06/2017Faurecia has won a contract to retrofit 20,000 Seoul buses and commercial vehicles using its Amminex technology.+