Finance / 14/10/2015
Faurecia posts strong consolidated sales growth, up 8.3% (4.6% organic), in the third quarter of 2015
Faurecia consolidated sales stood at € 4,749.3 million in the third quarter of 2015, up 4.6% at constant exchange rates and scope. Reported sales were up 8.3%. Over the quarter, exchange rate variations added 5.9% on the business activity.
Sales growth is broken down as follows:
- Product sales (parts and components delivered to automakers) totaled € 3,705.2 million during the third quarter of 2015, up 4.8% organic and up 11.1% on a reported basis. Exchange rate variations added 6.2% on the business activity or € 207.3m;
- Monolith sales were up 10.5% organic at € 779.9 million and up 3.8% on a reported basis. Accounting harmonization for monoliths sales in Korea had a negative impact of € 96.8 million;
- Development, tooling and prototype sales contracted by 13.3% organic, or down 11.3% on a reported basis, in the third quarter of 2015 to € 264.1 million.
PRODUCT SALES PER REGION
- In Europe (including Russia), product sales increased 9.0% to € 1,959.9 million, against € 1,803.7 million during the third quarter of 2014. European light vehicle production increased 5% (Faurecia estimate). This outperformance came mainly from strong sales to Renault-Nissan (+26%), Ford (+19%) and BMW (+14%). For 2015, Faurecia confirms its sales will outperform light vehicle production.
- In North America, product sales reached € 1,087.9 million, up 6.9%, while production grew close to 5% (Faurecia estimate). The positive sales momentum will continue in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- In Asia, product sales contracted by 10.6% to € 506.6m in the third quarter driven mainly by a 16.2% contraction in China (to € 401.9m). Light vehicle production in China contracted by 9% (Faurecia estimate) with production of international joint-ventures decreasing by 13% (Faurecia estimate). Faurecia’s largest customers in China reduced their production more in order to reduce inventories. Sales to Chinese automakers grew very fast (+69%) and now represent 11% of the overall business in China.
- In South America, product sales declined 6.8% to € 112.6 million, while Faurecia estimates that production was down 19%.
- In the rest of the world (mainly South Africa), product sales increased 8.9% to € 38.2 million.
Please read the press release for more information.
- Results presentation
- Read the press release
- Lire le communiqué de presse
- Read the press release (GER)
Finance / 21/07/2017Strong performance in the first half of the year, while building momentum on strategic priorities. Upgraded guidance for the full year+
Strategy, Finance / 27/06/2017
Faurecia Investor Day demonstrates strong profitable growth of its Clean Mobility Business driven by innovation and breakthrough technologiesAt its Investor Day held on 27 June in London, Faurecia focused on Sustainable Mobility+