Faurecia Paris Motor Show exhibit features innovative technologies to transform the driving experience
Faurecia will demonstrate a dozen new technologies designed for the Cockpit of the Future and for Sustainable Mobility, at the 2016 Paris Motor Show, from September 29 to October 16, 2016. Many of these innovations have been developed through an enlarged innovation ecosystem that incorporates academic research establishments, industrial partnerships and recent investments in a number of startups some of whom will be present on the Faurecia booth.
Faurecia believes that the Cockpit of the Future will be connected, adaptable and predictive with a strong focus on safety, well-being and comfort in all driving scenarios. Solutions for Sustainable Mobility concentrate on air quality and fuel economy.
“The automotive industry is undergoing a technological revolution in terms of environmental performance, connectivity and autonomous driving and is also embarking on a dramatic change in business model. Faurecia has the ambition to become the leader in sustainable mobility and the cockpit of the future as is demonstrated through its strong presence at the Paris Motor Show”, said Patrick Koller, CEO of Faurecia.
Together, these Faurecia products will transform the driving experience as the industry evolves toward more autonomous driving and improved environmental performance. Among the products highlighted at the 2016 Paris Motor Show will be:
- Active Wellness™ 2.0: a second-generation smart seat that measures a dozen of the driver’s biological and behavioral points through embedded sensors and optical devices, taking measures to counteract drowsiness or stress and preparing the driver to re-engage with the vehicle when leaving autonomous mode. Active Wellness 2.0 is an early example of how the cockpit of the future will become predictive through occupant monitoring and data management.
- Smart Pebbles: a series of connected and transformable technologies in a dedicated zone arranged as a “living room” that will be integrated into the cockpit of the future. These technologies use integrated electronics, mechatronics, smart surfaces and new materials for a life on board experience including an adaptable interior with additional retractable tablets and screens for autonomous driving mode and intuitive control of functions such as ambient lighting, ventilation, seat massage and active screens. The glass screens were co-developped in partnership with Corning (Corning Gorilla Glass).
- Optimized Air Quality solutions: ASDS™ (Ammonia Storage and Distribution System) is a system proven to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions by up to 99 percent in diesel buses that now is proposed in a compact format for diesel passenger cars, replacing heavy AdBlue® tanks with lightweight, easy-to-change cartridges.
- Future of Composites: a glimpse into how the extended use of composites for structural and semi-structural parts will enable an additional 40 kg weight reduction representing 4g CO2/km. Faurecia will also demonstrate how the FORCE project, a French research project, will accelerate the development of low-cost carbon fiber for mass market automotive applications.
Also on its booth will be a dedicated area for Faurecia Ventures, the Group’s new investment vehicle in start-ups where four start-ups will demonstrate their technologies in the fields of sensors, data analysis and machine learning, smart tactile surfaces and hydrogen valves.
Faurecia’s booth is located in Hall 1 / B212 at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. A press conference with Faurecia CEO, Patrick Koller, will be held on the Faurecia booth on September 30, at 9:30 am.
Press center below:
- Press release - Faurecia at the 2016 Paris Motor Show
- Press kit - Transforming the driving experience
- Communiqué de presse - Faurecia au Mondial 2016
- Dossier de presse - Transformer l'expérience de conduite
- Communiqué de presse - Les français et la voiture de demain (French only)
- Infographie - Les français et la voiture de demain (French only)
- Press kit - Transforming the driving experience (German)
- Press release - Faurecia at the 2016 Paris Motor Show (German)
- Press release - ASDS
- Press release - Active Wellness
- Press release - Smart Pebbles
- Press release - Cockpit of the Future & Sustainable Mobility
- Press release - Open innovation ecosystem
- Communiqué de presse - ASDS
- Communiqué de presse - Active Wellness
- Communiqué de presse - Smart Pebbles
- Communiqué de presse - Cockpit du Futur & Mobilité Durable
- Communiqué de presse - Ecosystème d'innovation