Technology / 21/10/2016
Volkswagen IZB International Suppliers Fair: Faurecia presents its innovations and its “Digital Enterprise” project
“The switch to digital in mobility is one of the major trends in the automobile industry. We want to manage this historic shift with our partner equipment suppliers,” said Matthias Müller, Chairman of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG.
Faurecia was present at the fair in its capacity as a strategic partner of the Volkswagen Group for all areas of its business (FAST program) in order to present its innovations and its “Digital Enterprise” project.
Faurecia’s “Digital Enterprise” project was implemented to drive all practices forward at almost all levels of the company. It is based on the principle that digitalization reaches into every aspect of our lives, and industry is no exception. From augmented reality to collaborative robots, including directed data analysis, the digital technology used by the Group is gradually transforming the operational environment in our plants.
The fair was also an opportunity for Faurecia to present a selection of innovations on its stand, such as:
- ASDS, a system that reduces up to 95% of NOx pollution under actual service conditions
- Natural motion, an intuitive seat adjustment system
- Automobile interiors demonstrating the Group’s expertise, such as the Alfa Romeo Giulia
- The one shot manufacturing process for visible composite parts
- The composite spare wheel tray, Faurecia’s first semi-structural composite part for large series vehicles.
Click to find out more about the “Digital Enterprise” initiative.
Click to find out more about Faurecia’s innovations.
Strategy, Technology / 26/06/2017Faurecia has won a contract to retrofit 20,000 Seoul buses and commercial vehicles using its Amminex technology.+
Technology, Corporate / 21/06/2017Faurecia announces that it has entered into a sponsorship agreement with the foundation of the Collège de France.+