Faurecia showcases its latest technologies Inspiring Mobility at IAA
Faurecia will reveal for the first time (Stand B12, Hall 5.1) breakthrough technologies that will support the automotive industry’s evolution towards more autonomous and connected driving and powertrain electrification.
Technologies showcased on the booth are the result of Faurecia’s rapid development of its innovation ecosystem through partnerships, acquisitions and investment in start-ups.
Among the technologies highlighted for the Cockpit of the Future are:
- Advanced Versatile Seat Structure, first concrete demonstration of the ZF partnership. With this new seat frame concept powered by intelligent kinematics, occupant safety is ensured in all positions. Occupants can recline, lift, adjust and swivel the seat whilst the integration of the seatbelt and belt retractor into the frame provide a safety cocoon. Also on the Faurecia stand is a complete comfort seat integrating all these functionalities.
- Morphing Instrument Panel. Faurecia has drawn on its expertise in mechatronics, kinematics and design for its adaptive instrument panel. When the driver switches from driving to autonomous mode, the display and instrument panel surface smoothly adapt their position and shape. In this way, occupants benefit from an optimal display surface for either navigation or entertainment.
- Infotainment solution with Parrot Automotive. This demonstrator showcases the combined expertise of Parrot Automotive in electronics and software and of Faurecia in the integration of smart surfaces. With this innovative connectivity system, users are able to access their favorite apps through a multimedia touchscreen. The HMI brain runs the different displays while the Simple Box handles vehicle connectivity, telephone connectivity, radio reception and voice recognition.
Among the technologies highlighted for Sustainable Mobility are:
- The ASDS™ breakthrough air quality solution. An air quality solution proven to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions by up to 99 percent in diesel buses and now being developped as a retrofit solution for vehicles. Faurecia will also display a number of its other key CO2 and NOx reduction technologies.
- Powertrain electrification technologies. Faurecia will demonstrate its solutions for battery electric vehicles and fuel cell vehicles in particular through the use of composite materials.
A press conference with Faurecia CEO, Patrick Koller, will be held on the Faurecia booth:
Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 8:30 am